Sunday, June 23, 2013

The Bachelorette Season 9 Episode 4


So first let me preface this with I was a MAJOR slacker this week and I wrote this all out Monday night and didn't feel like editing it so here we are and it's Sunday. . . So here's my very late recap of what happened last week on the Bachelorette. 

Jersey Baby!!

So I’m pretty excited that this week is in Atlantic City. It’s pretty cool to see places where I have been on TV (like AC and I stayed at Revel for a friend's 21st birthday party). And it’s also exciting because I grew up in Jersey. Soo cool J Anyway now about the show. Brad gets the one on one date. I like him but his voice is a little feminine. I hope things go well for him. I love how the guys are saying Brad is reserved and won’t bring out the fun side of Des. Meanwhile they’re on the slingshot and playing all kind of fun carnival games. Side note - it boggles my mind that some people have never had salt water taffy. Or ever been on a boardwalk! Des and Brad are breaking so many health codes in that taffy shop.

The sandcastle they sat on looks amazing and really hard to build. I feel like the date with Brad isn’t going too well. It just feels awkward to watch. AH! Maybe he isn’t comfortable with the cameras. I don’t know, it’s just so weird. Well way to take a guy to the very top of the lighthouse only to dump him and then have to probably walk all the way back down with him. She didn’t think that one through. I feel bad for Brad but I totally agree with Des’s decision. There was just no flow to their conversation at all.

I have high hopes for this group date. Brooks – really a mystical unicorn? Just another reason why you should go home! And Chris Harrison was it really a wise idea to bring a beauty queen into the mix with Des? I saw Juan Pablo eye her up. Is Michael being serious that he always wanted to be Mr. America? Hahaha they have a pagent coach. That is greaaaat. Oh my gosh. Chris’s talent walking in heels. Hilarious! Interview, talent, and swim suit competion! Drew is vocal about what he does not want for his swim wear, no banana hammocks.
Well I think we learned from tonight that Mikey is sensitive (and he’s a secret stripper?) And Bryden’s “talent” was unexpected and a bit traumatizing for the mayor of Atlantic City. Zak W. is a good singer and I thought his song was sweet. Zak W. looks like a Ken doll with his super tan body and uber white teeth. Kasey is crowned the Bachelorette's Mr. America.
Chris decides to open up to Des and read some of his poetry, which is sweet.
Bryden is going to let the competitiveness of the men get to him, especially with Ben.
I would love to see Mikey do a cannon ball in the pool while Des and Ben were talking. That would be amazing. Oh and real classy Ben bringing up your kid AGAIN.
If Mikey doesn’t make it to the end (which I don’t think he will) I hope that he is on bachelor pad. 
Zak W. gets the group rose! (Probably for serenading her with his romantic song)

James goes on the next one on one date and it is a pretty serious one. It is crazy to see video damage from hurricane Sandy. I saw the pictures of the shore after the storm but seeing video feels closer to being there.

The couple that Des and James visit are so strong. They really deserved to go on the date in AC and it was so amazing that the Red Cross worked to repair their damaged wedding album.

I think it took a lot of guts for James to admit to cheating on a past girlfriend. It was better for him to come clean with Des instead of hiding it from her or from said ex girlfriend calling Des and spilling the beans on him herself. I think that she did the right thing by giving him the rose for his honesty but I'm sure she now has reservations about James' character.

At the cocktail party Michael surprises me, and instead of getting caught up in the Ben drama, he actually makes a move. Chris puts himself in the "friend zone" but Des pulls him right out of it and kisses him. There are some guys in the room who still have not gotten much screen time this week. I think that they will be out tonight or soon (I’m talking to you Zack K. and Juan Pablo). Bryden is feeling insecure, which is understandable because he didn’t get any one on one time on the group date. That is kinda unfair. But he is acting a little crazy and I almost thought that he was not going to accept the rose from Des.

Eliminated: Brad and Zack K. (who looks extra teary eyed)

Well next week looks promising to be another drama filled 2 hours. Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment